Here you can create Contracts and Budgets and allocate job costs and material requests/purchase order spend against these contracts to help manage spend against the budget.
You can assign Resources, Sites, Priorities, Job Types and Planned Schedules to a default Contract to direct spend against the correct budget.
The main list as seen below provides important information for each Contract.
The triple dot button will reveal a dropdown where you can:
- Export to Excel
- View your Apportionments Report
- Set Priorities & Margins
Click Create Budget / Contract to be directed to the Create Contract Screen.
- Contract Information – Set up general information about the contract such as the name, number and reference. For example the department, cost centre or client Set the default job budget. So when a new job is created for this contract, the job budget set here will be used. Set the default Team for this contract. When a new job is created for this contract it will be assigned to this team. Schedule of rates is relevant if you have enabled schedule of rates and visits in Settings -> Job Settings. When a job is created for this contract, then this schedule of rates for will be used when calculating sales values from the job visit. Currency -This will show the selected currency when printing off Sales Quotes and Purchase orders for this contract. Note it does not calculate exchange rates. Contracts Logo – You can upload a logo here. This is useful if you are setting up a contract as a client and this logo can be the client’s logo. This logo can be then be show on certain screens and PDFs such as the Sales Quote sent to clients. Colour – The colour you set here for this contract will then display for jobs assigned to this contract on the job calendar and on the job list. Is Active – If turned off then the contract cannot be selected in contract dropdowns.
2. Resources & Priorities – You can choose to select certain Resources or Priorities for each Contract here. Click ‘Selected Resources Only’ and ‘ Selected Priorities Only’ and once you save and edit the Contract you can then choose the Resource and Priority.
3. Sales Margin % – Here you can set the Sales margins for this contract. These margins will then be used when Generating a Sales Quote.
4. Budget Information – Here you can set the Budget Value, Start and End dates and whether or not you want to block job costs being added or updated if it takes the spend over the budget for that contract
5. Contact Information – Set the contact information for the Contract here
6. Documents – Upload and store documents against each contract.
7. Sites– Sites can be assigned to a contract. This provides another way to group sites and is useful for organisations with many sites such as facilities companies.
8. Settings– Here you can manage email notifications and workflow settings for the budget or contract.
The following settings are available for Contracts and Budgets you’ve already set up:
- Send Email When Contract Is Close To Expiry – An email is sent when the contract is close to its end date. You can specify the number of days here..
- Send Email When Contract Is Expired – An email is sent when the contract has expired..
- Send Email When Costs On Contract Over Percentage – An email is sent when the costs are over the specified percentage of the total budget value..
- Send Email When Contract Value Has Exceeded – An email is sent when the total job costs against the contract exceed the contract’s budget value..
- Block Instruction If Contract Expired – A job cannot be instructed to a resource, if the contract has expired.
- Block Instruction When Contract Has Been Exceeded – A job cannot be instructed to a resource, if the total job costs for that job’s contract exceed the budget value.
- Block New Job Costs If Budget Value Exceeded – New costs cannot be added to a job, if the budget value of the contract is exceeded.
Click Edit at the top-right of the page to modify these settings, and then Save when you are done.
For the email notifications, you will need to enable the setting “Receive Contract / Budget Alert Notifications” for each user. Do this in Settings –> Users –> Email and Notification Settings, for each user.